Please review the information below before nominating.
Students can ONLY be nominated by their school counselor or a principal/vice principal/assistant principal. The nomination period begins in April of the student’s sophomore year, and lasts until mid-October of their junior year. It is OK if you are not aware of a student’s immigration status or household income. SEEDS will verify this information during the application process.
The deadline for nominations is October 15, 2020. The deadline for students to apply and submit supporting documents is November 1, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 973.642.6422 ext. 2 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A student can be nominated if they:
- Attend an eligible high school, and have primary residence in the same school district where they attend high school
- Ranked in the top 10% of their class
- Are U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or have asylee status
- Satisfy our household income policy
What happens after an eligible student is nominated:
All eligible nominees receive an email with a link to the online application. Once they have access to the online application, applicants must submit a complete application and supporting materials. Supporting materials include:
- Passport, birth certificate, green card, or proof of asylee status.
- Most recent ELA and math PARCC scores.
- Final 9th and 10th grade report cards.
- The applicant’s household’s 2018 and 2019 Federal 1040 income tax return. If the applicant’s family does not file taxes, they must email admissions (email@example.com) and request an income verification form. Families that do not file taxes, must submit proof of income which may include W2s, SSI, paystubs, a letter from the employer, and other documents.
- Recommendation forms from the school counselor or principal, 11th grade math teacher, and 11th grade English teacher. We only accept recommendation forms, not letters. Requests for recommendations can only be submitted by the student once they have access to the online application portal.