Aside from your test scores, grades and courses, college admissions readers look at what sets you apart from the rest of applicants. By engaging in a learning activity or taking part in an academic or leadership summer experience, you can demonstrate growth and potential in many areas.
How amazing would it be to include the skills you acquired when you participated in a conference, internship, workshops, or pre-college programs on your resume? SEEDS’ Guidance department is here to help you in your search for life-changing opportunities!
Summer Internships and Opportunities:
- Bank of America Student Leaders Program (Grades 11 – 12): January 31, 2015 deadline
- Emma Bowen Foundation Internship (Grade 12): January 31, 2015 deadline
- Northern New Jersey Princeton Prize in Race Relations (Grades 9 – 12): January 31, 2015 deadline
- Girls Who Code (Female students in Grades 10 – 11): February 12, 2015 deadline
- Learn and Build Experience (Grades 10 – 12; students must be at least 16 years old): February 28 deadline
- Cornell University Catalyst Academy (Grades 9 – 11): March 1, 2015 deadline
- SPARK Program (Grades 6 – 8): March 3, 2015 deadline (Apply to Dean’s Scholarship)
Looking for additional options? Check your email! More incredible opportunities will be listed in the Spring Manual, available mid-February for SEEDS alumni. In the meantime, contact Johulin Zuluaga at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have. Good luck!