POSITION TITLE: Teacher, The Capstone Experience (Capstone) 2019
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Temporary, Residential Programs
TIME FRAME: July 14 through August 4
LOCATION: The Hill School in Pottstown, PA
New Jersey SEEDS is a privately funded, statewide, nonprofit organization dedicated to providing educational opportunities to academically talented, financially limited students. New Jersey SEEDS works with competitive, primarily independent, secondary schools to provide opportunities for highly motivated, academically qualified, and economically disadvantaged students.
The Capstone Experience (Capstone) is for approximately 95 NJ SEEDS Scholars and is the final phase of the 14 month Scholars Program. Capstone is a residential program held at a boarding school campus. The program consists of daily classes in English, Math and History for three weeks during the summer after 8th grade. Scholars can also participate in a variety of elective classes, leadership development workshops and sports activities as they ultimately prepare for the transition to private school life.
We are currently seeking English teachers.
Must have experience with middle school and/or high school students; teaching certification is not required.
- Teach subject area according to curriculum guidelines specified by NJ SEEDS
- Teach a minimum of 3-5 sections of about 15-17 students per class Monday – Saturday
- Hold office hours during consultation period
- Maintain ongoing curriculum evaluation and development to meet needs of students
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Expert level mastery of subject area
- Expert level written and oral skills
- Teaching experience in a rigorous academic environment, including work with highly capable students
- Demonstrated talent in the instruction of students with varied learning styles and levels of mastery
- Review, correct and comment upon written assignments, exams and projects
- Attend faculty meetings as scheduled by the Dean of Studies
- Prepare detailed comments about each student via weekly progress reports to be used in the evaluation process for admission to the NJ SEEDS Scholars Academy Saturdays (SAS, “Phase II”)
- Additional duties as needed
- $3,000 per 3-week session
- Room and board provided
Those interested in applying for a teaching position should send a cover letter and resume to the following address:
New Jersey SEEDS
ATTN: Imani Gilliam
Dean of Programs
494 Broad Street, Suite 105
Newark, NJ 07102
or via email to: email@example.com.
NO PHONE INQUIRIES