The application period begins in September and lasts until early March.
The Early Decision application deadline for students to apply and submit supporting documents is January 15, 2021. The Regular Decision deadline for students to apply and submit supporting documents is March 5, 2021.
What happens after an eligible student completes the inquiry form:
All eligible applicants receive an email with a link to the online application. Once they have access to the online application, applicants must submit a complete application and supporting materials. Supporting materials include:
- Child’s U.S. passport, U.S. government issued birth certificate, or green card proving U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Most recent ELA and math NJSLA (PARCC) scores
- Final 6th grade report card
- 7th grade report card that shows at least the child’s first marking period grades
- The applicant’s household’s 2019 Federal 1040 income tax return. If the applicant’s family does not file taxes, they must email admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request an income verification form. Families that do not file taxes, must submit proof of income which may include W2s, SSI, paystubs, a letter from the employer, and other documents.
- Recommendation forms from the school counselor or principal, and 7th grade math and English teachers. We only accept recommendation forms, not letters. Requests for recommendations can only be submitted by the student once they have access to the online application portal. If you feel as though the current teacher does not know the applicant well enough, please wait to submit the recommendation request, but still give them enough time to complete it by the deadline.
What happens after a student submits a complete application with supporting documents:
- Applications are read by staff
- Finalists are invited to an admissions interview and exam
- The class is selected and offers of admission are emailed to the new students
If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 973.642.6422 ext. 2 or email us at email@example.com.