POSITION: Programs Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Education, Programs
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part time
SUPERVISOR’S NAME: Imani K. Gilliam
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Director of Programs
New Jersey SEEDS is a privately funded, statewide, nonprofit organization. We identify motivated, high-achieving students from low-income families, provide them with the education and skills they need to succeed and place them at independent schools, colleges and universities across the country.
The Programs Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support for the Programs department.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Administrative Support:Provide administrative support for the Director of Programs and Programs Officers; maintain files and update critical program documents; communicate with current scholars and their families.
- Mailings: Coordinate the distribution of mailings to scholars and families at the request of Programs Officers.
- Data Tracking: Input accurate information into the database including enrollment numbers, contact information, attendance, and submission of required paperwork from families. Run reports on statistics from database as requested by Director of Programs.
- Meetings and Events: Assist in the planning, organization and set-up of orientations, parent meetings, and special events.
- Staff Relationships: Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings and regularly coordinate with other departments as needed.
NECESSARY WORK EXPERIENCE/LEVEL OF EDUCATION
- Four-year college degree; recent college graduates encouraged to apply
Functional understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Filemaker database experience a plus
- A belief in the importance of an education for all students
- The ability to articulate the NJ SEEDS mission
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail-orientated, flexible and organized
- Self-motivated and ability to manage time effectively
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Capacity to organize large projects
- The ability to communicate well with a diverse set of individuals and groups
- Ability to function as a member of a diverse team
- Coachable and willing to learn
- A valid driver’s license and access to a car
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaker a plus
- The position requires occasional work on weekends and evenings (advance notice is given)
- This is a part-time position
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Send cover letter and resume to Liseth Giraldo at firstname.lastname@example.org.