The Development Officer, Corporate and Foundation Relations works closely with the Executive Director, Director of Development, and Development office staff to achieve the annual fundraising goals of NJ SEEDS. This staff person is responsible for designing and executing a comprehensive plan to identify, build relationships with, solicit, and steward corporate and foundation donors and aims to build key partnerships to support strategic priorities.
- Assist with strategic planning for partnership development. Create and implement an accountability/work plan based on fundraising goals.
- Build and manage a portfolio of constituents, consisting of existing donors and prospective new supporters and partners.
- Serve as primary grant writer. Lead the preparation and submission of LOIs, proposals, and funding applications for current and prospective funders. Responsible for all reporting and other sponsorship or stewardship elements required.
- Identify, research and lead outreach for new strategic partnerships with corporate offices such as Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion, and Internships.
- Support external engagement efforts of the leadership team by conducting research and preparing briefings; advising on engagement strategy; coordinating preliminary and follow‐up communications.
- Prepare tracking and visit reports and document all progress in Raiser’s Edge.
- Create a systematic approach for recognizing and stewarding donors and partners.
- Solicit corporate sponsorships for events.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- BA/BS and a minimum of three years of professional fundraising experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving approach is essential.
- Must be goal-oriented and enthusiastic. This is a high-energy and highly-accountable position.
- Occasional night and weekend work required.
- Valid license and access to vehicle.
- Knowledge of regional and national philanthropic trends and major funders in education access and equality.
- Proven track record in corporate and foundation fundraising.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or comparable database.