POSITION TITLE: Assistant Director of Development, Leadership Gifts
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
SUPERVISOR’S NAME: Kristy Geoghan
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Director of Development
New Jersey SEEDS is a privately funded, statewide, nonprofit organization. We identify motivated, high-achieving students from low-income families, provide them with the education and skills they need to succeed and place them at independent schools, colleges and universities across the country.
The Assistant Director of Development, Leadership Gifts is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with major gift prospects. Reporting to the Director of Development and working collaboratively with the Executive Director, the Assistant Director of Development, Leadership Gifts will be responsible for a portfolio of current and potential donors.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Research, qualify, cultivate, solicit, close, and steward leadership gifts.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Development, Executive Director, Development team, and SEEDS staff members.
- Coordinate and attend site visits for Trustees, donors and prospective donors
- Attend the Leading Change Benefit, Golf Classic, Graduations, and cultivation events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum 5 years of related experience in a development or advancement office
- Proven ability to close gifts at the $10,000+ level
- Success in moving prospects from introduction to closed gifts
- Previous work on annual and capital campaigns
- Attend donor hosted dinners, cocktail parties, and other cultivation events
- Comfort with analyzing data to drive strategic development of a portfolio
- A functional understanding of the applications of Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends and to travel as needed
- Strength in working with volunteers
- The ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A strong belief in the value of an excellent education
- Ability to function as a member of a diverse team
- A valid driver’s license
- The position requires some work on nights and weekends.
- The position requires the use of a personal cell phone (reimbursed)
- The position requires the use of a personal vehicle (reimbursed)
- The position requires frequent travel
- The position requires attendance at weekly staff meetings, department meetings and all other relevant and job-specific meetings
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Send resume and cover letter to Liseth Giraldo at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries please.